For those in school years 9-13 – a brilliant autumn weekend
(and it is the first weekend of half term, so no worries about homework/revision/modules – have a break!)
Youth Gather 2016
October 22nd & 23rd, Mersea Island
From speedskater to nun:
what do you want to change in your life?
- We are delighted to welcome Sr Catherine Holum (once an Olympic Speedskater and now a Franciscan Sister of the Renewal) to Youth Gather 2016. Back on Mersea Island, where there is new cabin accommodation and a brilliant range of outward bound activities, we will combine opportunities for climbing high ropes, abseiling and much more to keep you challenged and entertained, with speakers including Sr Catherine who will give you fresh insights into yourself, and your faith, by telling their stories.
- Youth Gather is for ANYONE FROM SCHOOL YEAR 9-13. We will work with parishes and schools to sort out transport from across the Diocese. Activities and workshops will be streamed by age (year 9 & 10 together, and year 11-13 together, as far as possible).
- The cost includes lunch and dinner on Saturday 22nd, breakfast and lunch on Sunday 23rd, two Mersea activities, 2 BCYS workshops, and a night in a Mersea log cabin (or a tent, if you book late!) – all of this for just £45. This price is thanks to National Youth Sunday parish collections, to help us subsidise such opportunities.
- If you are beyond year 13 and would like to serve as a Youth Gather leader, get in touch with Leighton – email@example.com – who will welcome your help!
- Download a form here! Youth Gather Application Form 2016