Access to and use of this site (‘bcys.net’) is provided by the Brentwood Roman Catholic Diocesan Trust (hereafter referred to as “The Trust”) subject to the following terms:
1. By using bcys.net you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of bcys.net. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use bcys.net.
2. The Trust may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by The Trust. Your continued use of bcys.net after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
Use of bcys.net
3. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use bcys.net content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any bcys.net content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of bcys.net content requires the prior written permission of The Trust.
4. You agree to use bcys.net only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of bcys.net. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within bcys.net.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
5. bcys.net content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to The Trust, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “AS IS” and on an “IS AVAILABLE” basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
6. Under no circumstances will The Trust be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of bcys.net regardless of the form of action.
7. The Trust does not warrant that functions contained in bcys.net content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that bcys.net or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
8. The names, images and logos identifying The Trust or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of The Trust and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of The Trust or any other third party.
Contributions to bcys.net
10. Further to paragraph 9, by submitting your contribution to bcys.net, you:
10.1. warrant that your contribution:
10.1.1. is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to The Trust for all the purposes specified above;
10.1.2. is not defamatory; and
10.1.3. does not infringe any law; and
10.2. indemnify The Trust against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by The Trust as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and
10.3. waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on bcys.net and the purposes specified above.
11. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere on bcys.net then the latter shall prevail.
12. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
13. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.