Enjoy time together with young adults in preparations from October 2022, then join two million people gathered with the Pope in Lisbon, Portugal, from July 26th to August 9th 2023 – the experience of a lifetime!
There is a full set of information here: WYD Initial invitation
To express interest in coming to WYD2023 please email [email protected] before 10th September 2023
The BCYS trip is open to anyone aged 17-27 in August 2023, and includes:
- The great energy and joy of 2,000,000+ young people
- Great preparation sessions, including leadership training, online and in person, starting in October
- Twelve days in Portugal, with time as a guest of families and parishes in Porto, before travelling on to Lisbon
- Prayers and Masses led by the Pope
- The chance to meet young people from across the world; be part of an amazing international gathering, an inspiring vision of the young Church
The cost for all this is £850 (as the pilgrimage is being subsidized by generous grant funding). We hope and expect that parishes (and schools, for those in Sixth Form) will give you strong help to fundraise for WYD – please do ask your priest or school chaplain/ Head of RE / Head of Year.
World Youth Day is open to all – if you have questions about your faith, or would like to deepen your faith, it is a superb opportunity.
The experience is partly cultural – discovering a new country, and meeting young people from all over the world – and includes numerous times of prayer, talks by Bishops and Cardinals, and Masses led by the Pope. Come with an open heart – and be prepared for a depth and focus on a young and joyful faith, full of energy and hope.
Please be aware that World Youth Day requires some physical and mental robustness; a long coach journey; large crowds, and several miles of walking on some days. Everyone is very welcome to come – but do be aware of the demands of the trip!