Your chance to to help the homeless in our Diocese.
Over the past few years, over 200 young people have taken part in the Sponsored Sleepout alongside Caritas DOB (Diocese of Brentwood) and the Brentwood Catholic Youth Service (BCYS). The Sleepout is to help us to better understand how it feels for those sleeping rough throughout the Diocese, all while raising thousands of pounds to help our local homeless charities and the Diocesan Youth Service.
This year the sleepout will take place on the night of March 31st 2023 to the morning of April 1st . We will once again be asking people to join us, by grabbing a sleeping bag or mat/cardboard box to sleep on outside with no tents allowed whatever the weather!
We are offering three locations for you to choose from:
- Forest Gate
For those wishing to take part, you will need to register by emailing [email protected].
Once registered you will be given information about the location you have chosen, a sponsor form to begin fundraising and information about the schedule of the evening.
- For those unable to join us in the above locations, we would love for you to still register and take part from the comfort of your own garden or parish. So, whether you are an individual, family, catechist, chaplain, teacher or Parish Priest, please let us know if and how you are taking part by emailing [email protected]
- The event is free to participate but we ask that you please try to raise as much sponsorship as possible, anything from £10 to £100+ and a sponsorship form can be sent to you by emailing [email protected]
- You are raising money for your local homeless charities which you can locate on the Caritas Website or by emailing [email protected]. The beneficiaries are registered charities so you may find some companies are willing to match fund sponsorship – so please take the time to ask them.
- We will also be welcoming donations to the Brentwood Catholic Youth Service by clicking this link: www.bcys.net/donate
Some ways to get others involved;
- Get members of your household to join you!
- See if your neighbours would like to join in from their own gardens!
- Organise a group virtually and keep in touch with a group chat/video call to support each other!
- Follow @caritasdob and @brentwoodcys on social media for live updates from other groups and individuals taking part.