Vacancy: Social, Print & Digital media designer
Background to the role
The Brentwood Catholic Youth Service work with well over 5,000 young people every year, including school and parish groups on retreat at Walsingham House at Abbotswick, monthly Youth Masses, an annual pilgrimage to Lourdes and numerous other events and opportunities. Based 40 minutes from London, just outside Brentwood, the BCYS and Walsingham House are part of a thriving Vicariate for Pastoral Formation, which also includes training and support for catechists, youth leaders and school lay chaplains.
Our social and digital media are a vital part of our work, and we are now looking for someone who can dedicate time to this, along with occasional print design for posters.
Caritas Diocese of Brentwood is a new initiative within the Diocese, to support and encourage social justice projects and groups at Diocesan and parish level. The website is a key “hub” for this ministry, and social media will be needed to support this when it is launched on 18th November.
It is envisaged that the person who undertakes this role would be able to come to the Vicariate offices approximately once a month, but the vast majority of this work can be done from home.
Any applicant for the role would need to demonstrate a very good knowledge of the Catholic Church, and be conversant with the social and digital media presence of the Catholic Church locally, nationally and internationally, as well as having a good understanding of the style of social media posts that appeal to those aged 14-25. This should be evidenced in your application.
- Ensure that the website content is up to date and fresh.
- Provide regular Instagram and Facebook Posts, and Tweets, probably 3-4 times a week, as well as keeping up to date with new social media platforms that are used by young people.
- Design occasional posters for events, general publicity and National Youth Sunday.
- Assist in the creation of the “virtual pilgrimage” in Lourdes each summer.
- Upload information and news from groups and charities to the website.
- Maintain the Facebook Page, Instagram and Twitter feeds, on a weekly basis. These feeds are primarily for adult users, aged 40+
12 hours/week, £8,736p.a. (FTE £25,480) plus occasional additional hours, £14per hour
Two year fixed term contract, January 2019 – December 2020
To find out more, including specific guidelines for application, please download the job description and person specification by clicking the link below: